About the Role
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. They provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. As a Lab Assistant, you will play a key role in the testing and diagnostic process for a wide range of patients.
LifeLabs also provides first aid training, continuing education opportunities, and excellent opportunities for career growth and advancement.
In this role you will:
- Unpack and sort a wide variety of incoming specimens received from sources including physicians, clinics, hospitals, and mobile LifeLabs technicians.
- Confirm the accuracy of all patient information on requisitions and specimen samples, resolve any problems or inaccuracies prior to testing, and perform required data entry.
- Prepare and sort specimens for technical analysis.
- Train and orient new team members.
- Perform weekly and monthly maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Conduct all work in full compliance with all laboratory safety and security policies and regulations.
The right person for this role is an organized and detail-oriented individual with good problem solving and customer service skills. Some key qualities include: flexibility, accountability, and attention to detail.
Other requirements include:
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a variety of tasks throughout the day.
Data entry and computer skills.
Prior experience in laboratory operations or medical terminology an asset.
Works well in a team environment.
Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
LifeLabs are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of their values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team, and can live these values with us every day.